Remedial massage is a form of massage that is working to remedy or fix a problem in your body. This may be an acute injury that has just occurred, a long lasting chronic problem that is always there or also problems that may come up from time to time like headaches or muscle aches.
Remedial massage utilises techniques such as deep tissue, trigger point, myofascial release, active release techniques, PNF stretching, Active Isolated Stretching (AIS) and many more.
Remedial massage is the most useful and safest form of treatment for conditions
- joint sprains
- muscle strains or pulls
- tight muscles
- aching muscles
- limited movement
- jaw pain
- back pain including disc injuries
- neck pain
- shoulder injuries and many more.
Active Release Techniques or A.R.T as it is known is a very precise soft tissue treatment technique that involves diagnosis and treatment at the same time. The techniques involve a client moving whilst the practitioner works through adhesions in the muscle, fascia, ligaments, nerves or tendons.
The movement helps to break up scar tissue, release adhesions, break down densified soft tissues, release trigger points in muscles, release nerve impingements and also improve the range of motion and function of the muscles, nerves and connective tissue.
This is known for helping people with chronic pain that hasn’t responded to anything else.
I will work within your pain tolerance and won’t cause you unnecessary pain.
If you feel as though the pressure is too much then please inform me and I will vary accordingly. Alternatively if the pressure isn’t hard enough then let me know to add an increase the pressure.
I will ask you throughout the treatment so as to tailor the treatment to you.
I sure do!
I am registered with all Private health funds so you can rest assured that you can claim a portion of you cost of treatment back. For your convenience I also have HICAPS, on the spot claiming. So all you need to do is pay the gap at the end of your visit.
* Please note that HCF do not process electronic claims for natural therapies.
I am taking your health and safety very seriously at Dan’s Manual Therapy. I am ensuring to screen clients coming in and also keep the clinic clean and sanitised. I also have a Covid Safe plan which means you can rest assured that we are doing everything I can to keep the clinic safe.
Please do not book in if you:
– have been in contact with someone with Covid-19
– have any cold or flu symptoms
– are awaiting Covid-19 test results
Steps I have taken include:
– I am asking clients to complete a short COVD19 questionnaire before coming into the clinic . There is a link texted before your booking. Please look out for this and please fill it in before every appointment.
– I cleaning all common surfaces in the treatment rooms including the table, face cover and change area. after every session
– Hand sanitiser is available and expected for everyone to use.
– I have a zero tolerance approach to illness so if you have any Cold or Flu symptoms other than usual allergies.
– Please DO NOT BOOK IN or Please reschedule your appointment
– I will also reschedule anyone who comes into the clinic with cold or flu symptoms.
I thank you for your cooperation in keeping us All Safe